According to the Law, from July 1, 2021, HIV-positive individuals have the following obligations:
- Promptly notify his/her positive HIV test results to his/her spouse, fiancé(e) or cohabitant (current law only stipulates notifying their spouses or fiancé(e));
- Engage in implementation of HIV prevention interventions;
- Comply with treatment regulations when receiving treatment with antiretroviral medicines;”
- Other obligations as prescribed by this Law and other relevant laws.
In addition, HIV-positive individuals have the following rights:
- Live in harmony with the community and society;
- Receive medical treatment and care;
- Work and learn culture, apprentice;
- Keep privacy related to HIV/AIDS;
- Refuse medical examination and treatment while being treated for AIDS in the final stages;
- Other rights as prescribed by this Law and other relevant laws.
Amendments to the Law on Prevention and Control of Human Immunodeficiency Syndrome (HIV/AIDS) 2020 takes effect from July 1, 2021.
>> CLICK HERE TO READ THIS ARTICLE IN VIETNAMESE