Article 6 of Decree 79/2009/ND-CP stipulates protection of urban public lighting systems as follows:
1. Units managing or operating urban public lighting systems shall protect the property thereof (lighting sources, lighting equipment, wire lines, lamp posts, electrical boxes, control systems and other electrical equipment) in their assigned areas.
2. All organizations and individuals shall observe regulations on protection of urban public lighting systems, detect in time, stop and report to competent agencies acts in violation of regulations on protection and use of urban public lighting systems.
Article 7 of Decree 79/2009/ND-CP stipulates propagation and dissemination of and education in law on urban lighting as follows:
Ministries, branches, People's Committees at all levels, political organizations and socio-professional organizations shall, within the ambit of their functions and tasks, propagate, disseminate, educate and mobilize people in the safe and proper use of lighting electricity as well as high-efficacy and electricity-saving lighting products and in the strict observance of the law on urban lighting.
In Article 9 of Decree 79/2009/ND-CP, general provisions on urban lighting planning are as follows:
1. Urban lighting planning constitutes a content of urban planning, which is formulated, appraised, approved and managed under the law on urban planning.
2. For centrally run cities, urban lighting planning must be formulated. For other urban centers with approved urban plannings, the additional formulation of urban lighting planning before the urban planning is adjusted shall be considered and decided by provincial-level People's Committees.
In Article 10 of Decree 79/2009/ND-CP, requirements on urban lighting planning are as follows:
1. To comply with the requirements and objectives of urban planning and development.
2. To suit natural, economic and social conditions as well as the characteristics, functions and particularities of each urban center.
3. To be in synchronism with technical infrastructure facilities and suitable to lighted works and areas.
4. To comply with technical regulations and standards on urban lighting.
5. To ensure the lighting purposes of electricity saving and efficiency.
Article 11 of Decree 79/2009/ND-CP stipulates contents and dossiers of urban lighting planning as follows:
1. Basic contents of the urban lighting planning:
a/ Investigation and assessment of current conditions of urban lighting systems:
b/ Determination of economic and technical norms of urban lighting;
c/ Forecast of urban lighting demands;
d/ Proposed tentative urban lighting planning;
e/ Proposed priority investment projects and measures to implement the urban lighting planning.
2. A planning dossier comprises drawings and general explanations.
3. The Ministry of Construction shall specify the contents and dossiers of urban lighting planning.