Vietnam: What is the salary coefficient of grade 3 road project managers? What are the criteria for appointing a grade 3 road project manager?
What is the salary coefficient of grade 3 road project managers in Vietnam?
Pursuant to Circular 46/2022/TT-BGTVT stipulating codes, criteria of professional titles, and salary classification of specialized public employees in road project management dated December 30, 2022 of the Vietnam Ministry of Transport as follows:
According to Clause 2, Article 9 of Circular 46/2022/TT-BGTVT on the salary classification of professional titles of specialized public employees in road project management as follows:
Salary classification of professional titles specialized in road project management
2. Professional titles of specialized public employees managing road projects specified in this Circular shall be entitled to apply professional payrolls to cadres and public employees working in the State's non-business units (Table 3) issued together with the Government's Decree No. 204/2004/ND-CP dated December 14, 2004 on the salary regime for cadres, civil servants, civil servants and armed forces as follows:
a) Professional title of grade 1 road project manager shall apply the salary coefficient of class A3 public employees under group 1 (A3.1) with a salary coefficient from 6.20 to 8.00;
b) Professional title of grade 2 road project manager shall apply the salary coefficient of class A2 public employees under group 1 (A2.1) with a salary coefficient from 4.40 to 6.78;
c) Professional title of grade 3 road project manager shall apply the salary coefficient of class A1 public employees with a salary coefficient from 2.34 to 4.98;
d) Professional title of grade 4 road project manager shall apply the salary coefficient of class A0 public employees with a salary coefficient from 2.10 to 4.89.
Thus, according to Point c, Clause 2, Article 9 of Circular 46/2022/TT-BGTVT, the salary coefficient of class 3 road project managers shall be classified by the salary coefficient of class A1 public employees from 2.34 to 4.98.
What are the criteria for appointing a grade 3 road project manager in Vietnam?
According to the content of Article 3 of Circular 46/2022/TT-BGTVT, Clause 2 Article 6 of Circular 46/2022/TT-BGTVT and Clause 3 Article 6 of Circular 46/2022/TT-BGTVT, the criteria for appointing a grade 3 road project manager in Vietnam are:
(1) General criteria for professional ethics
- Comply with the Party's guidelines, policies and laws of the State.
- Be honest, and objective, have a high sense of responsibility for the assigned tasks; properly and fully perform the obligations of the public employee in professional activities.
- Have a sense of cultivating morality, preserving professional qualities, honor and prestige; do not abuse assigned positions and tasks for profit; be solidarity, creative, self-improvement, and willing to acquire and learn new knowledge;
- Have a sense of coordination and support for colleagues, and sharing experiences in work; actively participate in research on scientific topics, technical improvement initiatives for professional development and qualification improvement.
(2) Criteria for training and retraining qualifications
- Have a university diploma or higher with a training major suitable to the requirements of the job position;
- Have a retraining certificate according to the standards of professional titles of road project managers.
(3) Criteria for professional capacity
- Master the viewpoints, policies and guidelines of the Party, legal policies of the State; master the development orientations and tasks of the industry on the roads sector;
- Have professional knowledge in road project management; propose and conduct scientific research and apply scientific advances to improve the efficiency of professional activities;
- Be proficient in specialized operations, grasp organizational methods for performing assigned tasks; understand the process of developing plans and plans; have skills in drafting documents and presenting assigned issues;
- Have skills in analyzing, synthesizing and handling situations related to professional work;
- Have basic information technology skills and have ability to use foreign languages or use ethnic minority languages for public employees working in ethnic minority areas as required by the job position.
How many tasks does a grade 3 road project manager in Vietnam have to perform?
Pursuant to the provisions of Clause 1, Article 6 of Circular 46/2022/TT-BGTVT, the tasks of grade 3 road project managers are:
- Participate in the development of plans and specific business processes to perform assigned tasks;
- Participate in researching and proposing guidelines, policies, orientations, and plans for the development and application of science and technology within the scope of assigned tasks;
- Research and solve according to competence or advise competent authorities to solve specific problems related to the assigned task; propose measures to improve management efficiency in the assigned tasks;
- Directly perform professional activities on road project management; participate in the development of internal regulations;
- Check and collect information, conduct statistics, manage records, and store documents and data on issues related to assigned tasks in order to serve the state management closely, accurately, and principally;
- Perform other tasks assigned by competent authorities.
Thus, according to the latest regulations, class 3 road project management has 06 basic tasks.
Circular 46/2022/TT-BGTVT will take effect from March 1, 2023.