Hello, Lawnet would like to answer as follows:
1. What is urban railway signage? General regulations on urban railway signage in Vietnam
According to the provisions of Section 3.1 of National Standard TCVN 12269:2018, urban railways include subway lines, elevated tramways, automatically guided monorails, and iron-wheeled tramways.
According to Section 3.6 of National Standard TCVN 12269:2018, urban railway sign boards are instructions to provide necessary and convenient information for train passengers to travel to the desired location.
General regulations on urban railway signage in Vietnam
According to Section 4 of National Standard TCVN 12269:2018, general regulations on urban railway signage are as follows:
- Urban railway signs provide complete, concise, and accurate information for train passengers to travel to the desired location including:
+ Urban railway symbol signpost;
+ Station name sign, station entrance/exit sign;
+ Ticket gate direction sign;
+ Urban railway network signposts;
+ Signs indicating route names and directions;
+ Signs indicating location, direction, and time of stations on the urban railway;
+ Signs indicating the way to the platform, the exit, the ticket sales place, and the train ticket check;
+ Utility information signboards,...
- At the same time, signage meets the following basic requirements:
+ Made of lightweight materials, ensuring high durability; easy to clean and maintain; aesthetic;
+ The content written on the sign is short, simple, and easy to understand; Prioritize the use of symbols, numbers, and illustrations according to international practices;
+ Easy to access and understand for passengers;
+ Use different, high-contrast images and colors to easily distinguish and attract attention;
+ The size of letters, numbers, symbols, and colors must ensure that passengers can clearly see and grasp the content.
2. What content does urban railway signage include?
According to the provisions of Section 5 of National Standard TCVN 12269:2018, the content of urban railway sign boards includes:
- The content of urban railway signs is composed of one or more of the following information: location, symbol, directional arrow, writing, numerals, and illustration.
- The presentation of signage content is carried out according to the following rules:
+ Location and name of urban railway line, written in lowercase letters;
+ On direction signs, do not write more than two destination names or route names on the same advance notice sign or exit sign;
+ On signposts, do not write more than two lines of Vietnamese words;
+ Urban railway signage includes two languages: Vietnamese and English.
- Abbreviated instructions in Vietnamese and English written on signboards are provided in Appendix A.
- Signpost hierarchy is to create an easy-to-understand signage system. Signposts are divided into 5 priority levels based on their functions. The classification of signage is specified in Appendix G.
Note: Station names and urban railway symbols of cities mentioned in the signboards of this standard are for illustration purposes only and are examples. Station names and specific urban railroad symbols are prescribed by competent authorities.
More details can be found in National Standard TCVN 12269:2018.