Pursuant to Article 5 of the Circular 24/2017/TT-BTC stipulating accounting records as follows:
1. Accounting records are documents and storage devices that contain economic/financial transactions that occur and have been complete as the basis for making accounting books.
2. Accounting records must be made in a clear, complete, timely and accurate manner.
3. CCU may design its own accounting records as long as they are conformable with provisions of the Law on Accounting and suitable for its operation, unless otherwise prescribed by law.
4. Other contents related to accounting records shall be applied the provisions in the Law on Accounting, guiding documents on the Law on accounting and other legal documents related to accounting records and provisions in this Circular.
5. The list of accounting records, forms of accounting records and the methods of making accounting records are specified in Annex 2 issued together herewith.
In other words, cooperatives are allowed to design their own accounting document templates, but they must include all of the essential information required by regulations.
Can cooperatives design their own accounting document templates in Vietnam? - Source: Internet
Pursuant to Article 4 of the Circular 24/2017/TT-BTC stipulating chart of accounts as follows:
1. Accounts are used for classification and systematization of financial and economic transactions according to economic contents.
2. The accounts applied for CCU consists of the accounts in the balance sheet accounts (includes accounts of type 1 to 6 and 9) and off-balance account (accounts of type 0). Accounts in the balance sheet shall be applied double entry bookkeeping (accounting transactions are recorded in the debit column of at least one account and recorded in the credit column of another account). Off-balance accounts shall be applied the single entry accounting (accounting transactions are only recorded in one side of one account).
3. Adjustments of chart of accounts
a) If the CCU wishes to supplement 1st and 2nd grade accounts or adjust names, codes, contents and accounting methods of particular economic transactions of accounts 1st and 2nd grade, they must gain a written approval from the Ministry of Finance before implementation.
b) CCU may open additional accounts of the 3rd and 2nd grades for the accounts not being specified as the accounts of 3rd and 2nd grades in the list system of accounting accounts prescribed in Section I Annex 1 issued together with this Circular for requirements for CCU’s management without the proposal for approval from the Ministry of Finance.
4. The chart of accounts and the contents, structures, accounting principles and accounting methods are specified in Annex 1 issued together herewith.
The accounting accounts in the chart of accounts of cooperatives are allowed to use double-entry accounting (each economic transaction is recorded on the debit side of at least one account and on the credit side of at least one other account).
Pursuant to Article 6 of the Circular 24/2017/TT-BTC stipulating accounting books as follows:
1. Accounting books are used for recording economic/financial transactions that occurred and are related to the CCU.
2. Each accounting book must specify the name of the CCU; name, opening date, closing date of the book; signature of the book maker, chief accountant, legal representative of the CCU, page numbers and overlapping seals.
3. Other contents related to accounting books shall be applied the provisions in the Law on Accounting, guiding documents on the Law on accounting and other legal documents related to accounting books and provisions in this Circular.
4. The list of accounting books, forms of accounting books and the methods of making entries in accounting books are specified in Annex 3 issued together herewith.
Above are information that must be clearly stated in the accounting books of cooperatives in Vietnam.