Regarding your question, Lawnet would like to answer as follows:
On December 28, 202022, the Ministry of Labour, Invalids, and Social Affairs of Vietnam issued Circular 28/2022/TT-BLDTBXH on amending and supplementing Circulars on the recruitment, use, retraining, and working regime of vocational educators.
1. New guidance on standard teaching hours for vocational education teachers
Accordingly, Circular 28 amends regulations on standard hours, teaching time, and the norm of teaching hours in Circular 07/2017/TT-BLDTBXH dated March 10, 2017 as follows:
Standard time is a unit of time converted from the number of labor hours required before, during, and after the lecture to complete the teaching task in person or online. One standard hour of online instruction is equal to one standard hour of face-to-face instruction.
- One standard hour is counted for theoretical teaching with no more than 35 students, pupils, and students; for practical, integrated teaching with no more than 18 students, pupils, and students;
- No more than 10 students, pupils, or students are permitted for the teaching of heavy, hazardous, and dangerous disciplines and occupations according to the list promulgated by the Minister of Labour, Invalids, and Social Affairs.
Principals, directors of vocational education institutions, vocational education establishments, and vocational education centers—continuing education shall based on the number of students in the class to convert the standard time ensure that it is suitable to the actual conditions and characteristics of each industry or profession.
In addition, the teaching time in the training plan is specified in standard hours, in which:
- One hour of theoretical teaching is 45 minutes, which is equal to 01 standard hour;
- One hour of integrated teaching (combining both theory and practice) is 60 minutes, which is equal to 01 standard hour;
- One hour of practical teaching is 60 minutes, which is equal to 01 standard hour.
The norm of teaching hours is determined as the standard number of hours for each teacher to teach, which is determined by the school year.
2. To reduce the annual vacation time of vocational education teachers
According to Point b, Clause 4, Article 2 of Circular 28/2022/TT-BLDTBXH amending Clause 2, Article 4 of Circular 07/2017/TT-BLDTBXH on the annual summer vacation time of vocational education teachers teaching college and intermediate level:
- Studying and fostering standardization, advanced training and scientific research:
+ 08 weeks for teachers teaching college level;
+ 04 weeks for teachers teaching intermediate level.
- Principals, directors of vocational education institutions, and vocational training establishments shall, based on the actual situation and characteristics of each training discipline or profession, prescribe scientific research for teachers and decide on the minimum number of hours of scientific research that teachers must perform in the school year;
Furthermore, at Point b, Clause 7, Article 2 of Circular 28/2022/TT-BLDTBXH, Clause 2, Article 7 of Circular 07/2017/TT-BLDTBXH on the annual summer vacation time of vocational education teachers teaching elementary level, the following is amended:
- The teacher's annual summer vacation is 06 weeks;
- Management officers, public employees with the title "lecturers," and vocational education teachers who participate in the teaching described in Clause 5 and Article 5 of Circular 28 are entitled to four weeks of annual leave.
- During the summer vacation, teachers are entitled to their full salary and allowance (if any).
- In addition to the summer break, teachers are entitled to public holidays, New Year's Day, and other days off according to the provisions of the Labor Code.
- The summer vacation of teachers in vocational education institutions under the Ministry of Public Security and the Ministry of National Defense shall comply with the provisions of Clause 4, Article 3 of Decree 84/2020/ND-CP.
- Based on the school year plan and actual conditions, the principal, the director of the vocational education institution, and the vocational education activity institution shall arrange for teachers to take a summer vacation at an appropriate time.
Circular 28/2022/TT-BLDTBXH takes effect on March 1, 2023.