Hello, Lawnet would like to answer as follows:
1. Request of the Prime Minister on strengthening coordination in preventing school violence in Vietnam
Currently, the situation of school violence, social issues, and legal violations among students remains complex. The forms of school violence are becoming increasingly diverse. This situation has negative impacts on the physical and mental well-being, ethics, and lifestyles of the younger generation, affecting the educational environment and causing concerns among the people.
To address these limitations and existing issues, on January 26, 2024, the Prime Minister issued Directive 02/CT-TTg, requiring the Ministry of Education and Training to strengthen the effective coordination between schools, families, and society in preventing school violence. The directive outlines several tasks, including:
- Continuously and strictly implementing regulations, tasks, and solutions regarding the coordination between families, schools, and society in ensuring a safe, healthy, friendly, and violence-free educational environment; preventing crimes and violations of the law; educating students on ethics, lifestyles, and behavior skills as prescribed in documents of the Party, Government, Prime Minister, and Ministry of Education and Training. Timely amending, supplementing, or issuing new relevant regulations.
- Directing educational institutions and teacher training centers to focus on innovating the content, methods, and forms of education on life skills; enhancing training for management officials, homeroom teachers, teachers, and staff responsible for psychological counseling, youth union work, and student activities related to school violence, safe education, crime prevention, and social issues concerning children and students. Strengthening skills in handling situations related to incidents of school violence; enhancing the responsibility of the heads of educational institutions in ensuring the safety of their schools.
- Directing educational institutions to coordinate with local agencies and departments to build and synchronize a system for managing and monitoring student information on the local level in order to promptly receive information, coordinate processing, and compile statistics and reports on violations of the law, social issues, and acts of school violence related to children and students.
- Organizing inspections and evaluations and building regular and ad-hoc reporting mechanisms on the work of preventing school violence, crime prevention, and social issues in schools. Directing educational institutions to coordinate with local authorities and the police to effectively implement the system of exchanging information on security, order, and school safety.
Therefore, the Prime Minister requests the Ministry of Education and Training to strengthen the effective coordination between families, schools, and society in preventing school violence, specifically:
- Continuing to thoroughly implement regulations and measures to prevent school violence.
- Innovating the content and methods of training teachers on coping skills for school violence.
- Establishing a unified data system to manage and monitor students.
- Strengthening inspections, evaluations, and reporting on the work of preventing school violence.
Close coordination with local authorities and the police is necessary to ensure the security and safety of schools.
2. 05 school violence prevention measures in 2024
According to the provisions of Clause 1, Article 6 of Decree 80/2017/ND-CP, school violence prevention measures under the law in Vietnam include:
- Disseminate the information about the dangers and consequences of school violence to students, managerial staff, teachers and employees in the educational institution in order to enhance their awareness of such problems; of the responsibility to detect, notify and report the violent behaviors; to carry out timely intervention and prevent violent behaviors in an appropriate manner.
- Educate and equip students, managerial staff, teachers and employees with knowledge and skills for preventing and responding to abuses, school violence and child abuse in the internet environment; educate and equip students with knowledge and skills for protecting themselves.
- Announce the plan for prevention and control of school violence and the communication means used for reporting violent behaviors.
- Carry out school inspection and supervision to collect and handle information about violent behaviors.
- Implement positive education methods without provoking violence.
Thus, above are 05 school violence prevention measures. The synchronous implementation of measures will contribute to creating a healthy and safe school environment.